MINISTRY GROWTH + BUILDING EXPANSION/RENOVATION
The Next Step: Vision
"God has put before us a great privilege and responsibility... to reach the next generation with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have been entrusted with the treasure of the Gospel. Imagine with me the young families and kids who will be transformed by this Gospel as we reach out to our community. Please join me and the rest of the congregational leaders as we take this NEXT STEP. Please PRAY for God’s blessing and guidance and give generously as we seek to reach the next generation with the life transforming message of Jesus Christ."
– Pastor Scott Gilchrist
ABOUT THE PROJECT
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
THE NEXT STEP is a 31,000 sq. ft. building expansion that will become the home of SWKIDS Ministries & Programs. This multi-use building will also provide unique adult spaces for ministry expansion. We plan to break ground in the Spring of 2018 with the building opening in the Spring of 2019. Some of the features of this new building include:
- A spacious and welcoming family entrance
- An Elevator that is twice the size of our current elevator
- 4 family restrooms directly in front of the main doors
- Welcome desk for new visitors and self-serve kiosks for Kid Check
- 5300 sq. ft. Auditorium for teaching times/music/plays and games
- 2300 sq. Ft. Secured playground
- 6 – Large Classrooms for K-5th Grade Sunday School
- 2 – small conference rooms for meetings and appointments
- 23 individual toilet rooms
- Office and Storage space
- A complete laundry room adjacent to the nursery
- A residential grade kitchen adjacent to one of the classrooms
- Integrated complete building security access system
- The 5300 sq. ft. SWKIDS auditorium transforms into a 500 seat auditorium for adult conferences and classes
- Adding tables and chairs makes the room perfect for receptions or dinners.
- A 1900 sq. ft. Outdoor roof deck for receptions/gatherings/dinners.
THE BUILDING IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
The Building Improvement Project will begin as soon as the SWKIDS Ministries & Programs transition to the new building in the Spring of 2019. The Building Improvement Project will transform the lower west wing including:
Commercial grade kitchen facility
Commercial grade appliances
Large food preparation area
Increased administrative office space
Larger visitor reception area
Building Update September 2017
WHAT IS OUR NEXT STEP?
To receive regular updates and prayer requests, subscribe to The Next Step blog!
One-time gift amount
3-year monthly pledge